Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Parent Trap

As I mentioned before, I'm currently on my way to gamble a bit of my tax return away. As it so happens, my mother is a heck of a lot of fun gambling, so she is going with us. Tonight is a short lay-over in the city she lives, and then we will head that way tomorrow.

It is amazing what junk food you can find exploding around this house. Without trying hard, I have already located the following:
  1. Double-stuff Oreos
  2. Chips-Ahoy
  3. Pringles
  4. Cosmic Brownies (which pack a whopping 280 calories per brownie)
  5. Tons of Snickers Bars
  6. Whole Milk (Whole milk mom, really?)
  7. A jar full of M&Ms
My parents don't eat this stuff. No, they keep it around for us kids & their grand kids. "How's the diet going?" my mom asks after offering me whole milk & cookies.

I guess that's what parents are for!

2 comments:

  1. Have a great time gambling! I hope you come home with more $$ than you left with! Oh yea, and safe travels too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment!!!! The more I don't feel alone in my thoughts towards stuff like relationships and what have you, the more confident that I get that everything will just work out eventually! Thanks for the hope!!!

    ReplyDelete