Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Office Pot Luck

It is our monthly pot luck @ the office tomorrow - normally a horrible time that I loathe and binge, but I organized tomorrow's pot luck! So, tomorrow's pot luck theme is "Bikini-Ready Pot Luck" and it includes only good-for-you foods.

I am bringing taco soup, and although I have never tried it, it seems fairly easy. It's a crock-pot recipe, of course it's easy!

CROCK-POT TACO SOUP
--2 cans of kidney beans
--2 cans of pinto beans
--2 cans of corn
--1 large can of diced tomatoes
--1 can tomatoes and chilies
--1 packet taco seasoning
--1 packet ranch dressing mix
--1 lb browned ground turkey or hamburger
--shredded cheese and sour cream for embellishment (optional)

 

The Directions:

--brown meat if you are going to use it
--drain fat and add to crock pot stoneware insert (the meat. not the fat.)
--sprinkle seasoning packets on top of meat
--drain and rinse the beans and add
--add the ENTIRE contents of the corn and tomato cans
--stir.

Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5. I think the longer you cook soup, the better, so if you have the time, opt for cooking on low. Stir well, and serve with a handful of shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
Without the sour cream or cheese, it has about 200 calories per serving. Eat the taco soup with some veggie/fruit tray, and it's a good pot luck!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. I normally don't bring anything to our potlucks, that way I won't eat cause then I'd feel to guilty since I didn't provide:-)

    ReplyDelete