Friday, April 29, 2011

10K Steps A Day

Yeah, after two weeks of wearing my wonderful FitBit, I *unsurprisingly* found that I don't walk anywhere close to 10,000 steps per day. I do figure, however, this is the easiest way to get in some extra exercise. According to those higher scientist powers that be, "a person who walks 10,000 steps a day will burn between 2000 and 3500 extra Calories per week."

On average, I walk about 4,000 steps a day.  That puts me pretty close to sedentary. Disgraceful.

Starting yesterday, I have decided to add an additional 2,000 steps for this week. One walk around my office area equals 1,000 steps, and I do this once in the morning and once and night. I will hopefully make it up to 10,000 steps in a few weeks.

I hope I can see the effect on the scales!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I plan to get to walking myself cause it is the easiest exercise I can do:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good girl! You'll see the effect no doubt. Keep us posted...

    ReplyDelete