Considering I just weighed in Thursday, I'm pretty happy with today's weight. Especially since I indulged in a store-bought (What?!) cupcake last night.
So I'm reading The Plan, as I said earlier. And although I'm not finished, and I will go into her theory about inflammation (which is pretty interesting), I've already determined I won't be starting The Plan.
You guys were right - I've done this long enough to know what doesn't work for my body. Pinto beans - yeah they are not so kind to my body. I see a weight gain after I eat pinto beans, no matter if 1/2 cup or 3 cups.
I have adopted some of her suggestions though - so far the following:
- I drink one cup of dandelion tea (liver detox) along with one cup of green tea daily
- I drink 16 ounces of water (with lemon) after I pee & weigh in the morning
- I stop drinking at 7:30 (mostly because Norma is right, I tried it and I haven't gotten up once in the middle of the night to pee, haha.)
- I add chia seeds to my oatmeal & salads.
- I try to eat a handful of mixed nuts - including pumpkins seeds. This does not include peanut butter, which I have given up and switched to almond butter.