Monday, February 4, 2013

Weigh-In 2/04/2013

Previous: 172.0
Current:   172.0
Loss:           -0.0

Considering I just weighed in Thursday, I'm pretty happy with today's weight. Especially since I indulged in a store-bought (What?!) cupcake last night.

So I'm reading The Plan, as I said earlier. And although I'm not finished, and I will go into her theory about inflammation (which is pretty interesting), I've already determined I won't be starting The Plan.

You guys were right - I've done this long enough to know what doesn't work for my body. Pinto beans - yeah they are not so kind to my body. I see a weight gain after I eat pinto beans, no matter if 1/2 cup or 3 cups.

I have adopted some of her suggestions though - so far the following:
  • I drink one cup of dandelion tea (liver detox) along with one cup of green tea daily
  • I drink 16 ounces of water (with lemon) after I pee & weigh in the morning
  •  I stop drinking at 7:30 (mostly because Norma is right, I tried it and I haven't gotten up once in the middle of the night to pee, haha.)
  • I add chia seeds to my oatmeal & salads.
  • I try to eat a handful of mixed nuts - including pumpkins seeds.  This does not include peanut butter, which I have given up and switched to almond butter.

11 comments:

  1. Good girl. I am glad you decided not to do The Plan. You already know what to do and what works. Take what you can use and leave the rest. Keep reading and learning. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing what works (and doesn't) for YOU is the biggest victory there is!! Wonderful, just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's what Oprah has to say about that! - "You might think bottled lemon juice is an unacceptable substitute for the real deal, and it is true that once any kind of citrus juice comes in contact with oxygen, it starts losing its flavor and gets more acidic...
      And many commercial brands contain controversial additives... use a high-quality brand like Santa Cruz Organic Pure Lemon Juice or Nellie & Joe's Key West."
      ~ Be Well!

      Delete
  3. I started eating more pistachios recently. I never knew I liked them until a few weeks ago lol.

    I too know what works and what doesn't work for my body.

    What on earth are chia seeds? I keep seeing bloggers eat them. Maybe I should look into it?

    I love lemon water, does it tell you to use fresh lemon or can you use the bottled lemon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use bottle lemon juice, so I hope that's okay, haha! She never really specified, and to be honest I wondered the same thing.

      I love pistachios now! The Superbowl ad helped last night, lol.

      Chia seeds are these seeds that turn into gelatanous goo when mixed with liquids. It's suppsoed to clean out the pipes, so to speak! Haha. :)

      Delete
  4. It's better to stay-the-same than to gain. Good work.

    LOL at chia seeds. I was brave...er...stupid?...enough once to eat them plain...a whole TBSP. BIG mistake. I prefer to mix 'em into things like oatmeal, yogurt, and smoothies instead of suffering through that mistake again. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - I liken a TBSP full of chia seeds to the cinnamon test... nuts!

      Delete
  5. I was really dry-mouthed yesterday because of my head cold and decongestants, so I ended up drinking two cups of herbal tea plus two glasses of water after dinner. And I totally thought of you when I woke up to pee at 3AM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read diet books occasionally that I have no intention of trying. I used to read every one I could find when my kids were little. I stopped when I realized, I'd read everything our library had to offer. Now, I read maybe one a year out of curiosity.

    ReplyDelete