Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Almond Milk

The other day, a Facebook friend posted the following message, "Chocolate Almond Milk. YUMMY!" which started my thoughts about Almond Milk. Then, in a Cooking Light magazine, I saw an advertisement for Almond Milk. Almond milk is one of the most nutritionally valuable milk substitutes available today. It is high in a number of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin E, manganese, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, selenium, iron, fiber, zinc and calcium. Almond milk is low in calories, at only 40 calories per eight ounce serving, and low in fat. It contains only three grams of fat per eight ounce serving. Almond milk is lactose, gluten, casein and cholesterol free; it's also free of saturated fats. (According to the advertisement.)

Wow - this stuff sounds GREAT! At the next trip to the grocery, I pick up some YUMMY almond milk. No sooner had I gotten home and put up the groceries, I grabbed the almond milk and poured me a huge glass.

I took a drink, made a sour face, and said, "This stuff tastes like ALMONDS!"

Husband gives me a strange look and says, "Well, yeah. It is made of almonds. What did you think it tasted like?"

"Um, milk!"

He just rolled his eyes. :)

5 comments:

  1. Perhaps chocolate almond milk tastes like chocolate covered almonds in a glass? Yum...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO! I recently gave almond milk a try and it's not so good to drink but added into things its great for a milk substitute. I use it in my cold oats, I used it went I made my own nut butters, and when I want a little extra in my protein shake I add it in there. Honestly it's more watery tasting to me with just a wee hint of nuttiness so it works out great:-) I hear it's good in regular cold cereals too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That anonymous comment is from me, upinthecosmos... man somedays I can comment as me & somedays I can't. Not sure what the deal is!

    ReplyDelete