Wednesday, July 27, 2011

NSV

I'm at the dentist today, and for some strange reason my new(er) dentist takes your temperature and blood pressure. Anyway, I'm pretty much ignoring the chick as she does her business, my mind is off somewhere else, calculating and re-calculating my days calories or some stupid OCD crap like that.

She spouts off my temperature, 98.3 or something, and then a little later I hear her say, "123/88". Wait, what? "123/88." Oh my gosh.

"What's wrong?" she asks, "Do I need to take it again, is that high for you?"

"No," I say, "Its just the first time the blood pressure montior fit around my arm and managed to take a reading!"

She laughs.

My arms & hips have always been larger than the rest of my body, and the rest of my body was big as it was. Seriously, the blood pressure monitor was a NORMAL SIZE ARM BAND,  FIT AROUND MY ARM, and READ SOMETHING! It is a miracle. I am happy.

It is crap like this that reassures me that this is worth it. I can become normal.

3 comments:

  1. Love it, love those NSV moments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An unexpected victory to celebrate! Good for you!

    Weird procedure for a dentist...

    ReplyDelete